Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mid-Semester Break, Kennel Clean-Out, & Life Goes On.

Last week marked the middle of the semester and while this semester has flown by it also seems to have dragged on for eternity. I can honestly say that it was wonderful having a day off last week, but I probably need another month off to fully recover and recharge this semester. Everyone I know seems to be at their breaking point, and hey the glass is still half full (ugh!). Haha, leave it to me to turn an optimistic statement into a pessimistic one!

Since I haven't written in a while I'll start with last weekend, since you know, I actually had a little bit of fun. Friday's Burrito Night was a huge success and I'm pretty sure we all had fun with that. I pretty much did nothing, but sleep all day Saturday, but Saturday night we went on a Cat Trip (that stands for catamaran, sorry no kitties were involved). The trip was lots of fun although there were times that I was extremely happy that I knew the captain because the water was ROUGH! The rest of the weekend was sort of a blur because I slept pretty much the entire time… can you tell vet school is draining?

Aside from that this week was pretty uneventful. I made pizza dough on Friday and that was a messy adventure here in the humidity that is St. Kitts. Yesterday, (Saturday) was a very productive day (if you discount studying since none of that got done), but in the morning I went to the PAWS Adoption Day and spoke with the founders of a new Non-For-Profit called CARE-Nevis. I'm trying to do some foster work with them since they are trying to set up a rescue organization over on Nevis, the sister island of St. Kitts. After adoption day I headed over to the Campus Kennels for the AOCC sponsored Kennel Clean-Out. We had an amazing turn out and everyone really pitched in to both bath the colony dogs and wash all of the kennels. While gross, it was a very rewarding experience and you could just tell that the dogs really appreciated it!

As for this upcoming week, I have a bunch to do and including a parasitology exam. I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but to those of you who I don't see/ get to talk to I really do miss you and I can't wait until I'm back in the States for a little while in April!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha i love how you felt safe just because you "knew the captain"

    anyways, glad to FINALLY hear from you again! while i like not having extra reading to do all the time (and you not writing was a help), i like to be kept posted on what's goin on! especially since you're not on aim all that much anymore

    at any rate, glad you're doing well (for you =P ) and i look forward to your return (however short) and our trip to bing!!! KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! :)

    ReplyDelete