Sunday, November 28, 2010

Everybody Hurts...

So you all know that Ru's head was broken a few weeks ago and now she's finally back to normal. I figured I would update you all about with some pictures that she sent me.




Speaking of injuries everybody in our class is getting hurt lately. So first it was vines trying to kill Ru, then Belinda tripped up the stairs at school and tore her knee open to the point where you could see her patellar ligament which was so cool and everything, then Alex got sick and has had a fever for weeks, etc, etc. So of course I had to be the next one to injure myself, it was only a matter of time. I guess the universe decided it had to be now rather than later. So Thursday, yes it was Thanksgiving Day, but considering I'm no longer in the United States that doesn't mean anything and we still had classes. I was minding my own business walking between the two gravel parking lots at school when I tripped and fell on the gravel. Well everything was fine until I was hit with an intense pain in my right knee and I looked down and saw a rock lodged in my knee and blood gushing everywhere. Did I mention I was in the middle of the road? Well I was. Without really thinking I grabbed the rock out of my knee and threw it down as even more blood gushed out of the wound. Thank God Nicole was with me as I had no motivation to move ever again. Like I said I was in the middle of the road...I kind of felt like a poor helpless animal about to become road kill, hit once and ready to take on death. Haha, I told Nicole that I couldn't get up, but she convinced me to make it to the car so at least I could sit down while she got the nurse. My neighbor Tracey was close by so she stayed with me and made sure I didn't pass out from the pain while Nicole ran to get the nurse. Unfortunately the nurse said I would need stitches even though I begged her not to make me get them and even asked if one of the vets at the teaching hospital could do it. Of course she responded with a no, but she called a local doctor instead of making me go to the hospital. So I received my first stitches in St. Kitt's. This whole vet school thing really is full of new experiences, although most of them have nothing to do with school. The past couple of days I haven't been able to move and it is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced. Even more frustrating than packing to get to this island, which those of you who remember what I went through should realize just how frustrating it's been for me. I don't have any pictures of my injury for you b/c it's really not that cool looking and I refuse to have my picture taken when I look so bad, lol. Let's just say I can't wait for this semester to be over. Oh and did I mention that last night I got a call from another classmate, my friend Liz saying, "Hey do you still have those crutches and do you really need them? I blew out my knee and I can't really move!". Just another injury...my class seems cursed!

1 comment:

  1. haha a few things...

    1) cue U2!
    2) dammmmn you! such gorgeous pics...you gotta start appreciatin that shit more...
    3) dammmn you're all cripples
    4) hahahaaha you always try to convince people stupid shit...though usual it's when you're drunk!
    5) wtf is with women and not wanting their pics to be taken b/c they "look bad"...lemme tell ya: seen plenty of shitty pics of women that have made it through and other times i've seen plenty of women who look really good when they think they look like shit...food for thought ladies

    ReplyDelete