Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Week of Rain


Sorry I haven't updated you guys in a while but I've been busy with exams and the hassles of rain storms that make hurricanes look like fun! Last time I wrote in here was before my exams so just an update on that end of things: Even though I freaked out about both anatomy and physiology I ended up with grades that I am proud of. Now I'm in the homestretch of these first set of exams with only Animal Nutrition left on Wednesday! Besides the exams we've had a hard week with the storms. On Tuesday the roads were so bad that people were stuck on campus after midnight or even overnight. It was crazy. Good thing I never leave my apartment once I'm home, LOL. Anyway the rain just kept coming which was bad news for my clothes on the dry line! Ru and I had some adventures hanging our clothes all over the house so we had something to wear to school the next day! Seriously, we need a dryer! After our Physiology exam on Wednesday we actually had time to clean our apartment. The dishes were piling up and the fridge smelled really bad and the floor was kind of gritty. So anyway you get the picture. Ru took dishes and I started on the rest finishing sweeping and mopping all of the floors and cleaning the bathroom before she finished the last dish. Now you would think in such a messy apartment bugs would be a huge issue. Well you would be wrong, because as soon as the apartment was sparkling clean we were inundated with ants. They were EVERYWHERE. Lesson 1: Rain brings even more bugs inside! Speaking of bugs we had another centipede incident! It was tiny, but still gross just hanging out on the living room floor like that. So now I present you with the following:


Katee's Sure Method of Killing Centipedes:

Step 1: Grab a large, heavy, useless book and throw it down on the centipede. (Note: Dorland's Medical Dictionary or Small Animal Clinical Nutrition work best)

Step 2: Quickly step onto the book to ensure the centipede does not crawl out from underneath

Step 3: Jump on the book

Step 4: While still standing on the book pretend you are doing the twist so that the book moves from side to side

Step 5: Pick up the book slowly to ensure that the centipede is in fact dead!

As you can tell these buggers are very hard to kill! Please note that this method is much safer than using ½ a can of BOP on the centipede!!!!

On Friday afternoon the sun finally came out so in case you were wondering the Caribbean is the Caribbean again! Ciao for now!!!

1 comment: