Thursday, September 30, 2010

Early Mornings and Late Nights!


Sorry I haven't been able to post in a few days, but as some of you know I have an anatomy exam coming up on Monday and a Physiology exam that Wednesday. So anyway, I've just been really, really, really busy. Yesterday morning (Wednesday) I got to school at 6AM to walk the colony dogs, which meant I got up somewhere around 5AM in the dark. I don't know what Ru and I were thinking when we signed up to walk the dogs, but we made the best of it. As part of the AOCC (Animals on Campus Club) we walk the dogs for the second semester students when they have exams. I was excited because this meant I got to spend more time with Digger, the dog I really want to adopt (but we'll see how things work out). Anyway we got to campus at 6 and were responsible to walk/let out all of the kennel dogs. Only three people (including Ru and I) from AOCC and one other upper semester showed up to walk about 30 dogs. We had to just let a lot of them out into the grassy gated areas, but each of us walked around 4 dogs. They are supposed to be out for 15 minutes each so we barely made it to the anatomy lab for our first class on time. Unfortunately one of the dogs jumped on Ru and got poop all over her so "next time" we'll have to remember to bring a change of clothes! It was a really stressful event, but I'm happy that I did it because it helps the dogs so much (and who doesn't like playing with dogs bright and early). As the school day started it felt like it should have been over and I was pretty tired for the whole day. Wednesday was also our last day of Animal Nutrition with Dr. Reich as Dr. Naylor's part of the course started today. I liked Dr. Reich, but I'm sure I won't like his test questions as that's what all the upper semesters keep telling us. For the past few days I've been getting home around 4-5 and going back to the Anatomy lab to study from like 7:30-9:30. Today I just stayed on campus for a radiology review and to study more anatomy and we tried to get a horse to study large animal palpation. We tried to use Bosanova and he was not having it. Apparently he had been in a stall all day and was already on crossties when we got there so he just wanted to go back into the pasture. We tried our best to locate the Spine of the Scapula, the Greater Tubercle of the Humerus, the Deltoid Tuberosity of the Humerus, etc, etc, etc. We were getting frustrated and he was getting antsy so we put him back and that was that. Anyway, I'm slowly learning all of the muscle attachments and actions as well as all the ligaments, tendons, bursas, retinaculums, etc. that I need to learn for this anatomy exam. Off to study physiology because I can't forget about that! Hopefully you'll hear from me soon, but for now here's a beautiful sunrise picture for you!

1 comment:

  1. one of these days i really really needa see one of those in person...magnificent

    ReplyDelete