Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ross University Orientation Day 1

Me and my roommate Emily :) *credit to Emily*

View from the gazebo
Today was a looooonnnnggggg day of paperwork and walking. We got on campus around 7 AM to get all the paperwork done for my student visa, driver's license, bank account, email account, student ID, etc, etc. I also got a tour of the campus that I will probably spend the majority of my time in for the next 2 ½ years. Unfortunately I can't post any pictures of the campus on the internet for security reasons, but believe me it is beautiful. They have a toxic plant garden, an aviary, and a turtle sanctuary where 14 turtles live in the bushes. Of course the school faces the Caribbean and the view is gorgeous. There is even a stairway through the woods down to a little gazebo right in the middle of a rocky beach. Also not sure if I should say this, but in my opinion the anatomy lab here beats the anatomy lab I saw when I visited Cornell so there! After a long day of paperwork we had a little bit of a break, but my internet was still out so there wasn't much so we decided it would be a good time to test out the washing machine. Well that was a mistake! We couldn't figure out why the water was filling up, but the soap was already in the machine so we washed all of the laundry in the bath tub, LOL. When we went to hang out our laundry we were surprised by Princess Buttercup, the pregnant dog who is staying with the girl who lives above us (her puppies are due any day now!!!) and we hung out on the floor of our back porch area for awhile. Then Mr. Rogers picked us up for a barbeque at Dana's (one of the orientation leaders) apartment complex. It was a lot of fun and we got meet people from two other orientation groups!

No comments:

Post a Comment