Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kittens, Cars, Oh My!








Yesterday was a great day for everything but studying, LOL. As you all know I have a test coming up tomorrow so this really isn't a good thing, but such is life. Yesterday was the PAWS (People for Animal Welfare on St.Kitts) Adoption Day. A bunch of us decided to walk over there just to look at the puppies and kittens that were up for adoption. I planned on talking to PAWS about fostering, but instead Ru fell in love with a kitten and decided to adopt her. This might be my fault since I told her in the car that I wasn't taking anything home, but she was a big girl and could make her own decisions. So now there's a beautiful little kitten living in my apartment. I think Ru has decided that her name is Julie (Jules for short), but she's been calling her Babes so we'll see what happens. The Julie is ADORABLE! The pictures on facebook and the one I'll put up her do not do her justice. She is so tiny with a big bushy tail and she's so elegant looking. She's most likely part Turkish Van because she has similar markings and she is super soft. So instead of studying all day yesterday Ru and I went to the store to get stuff for Julie and back to the apartment to get her settled in. She hid inside the plastic of the box spring of both of our beds for the good majority of the day, but I got her to purr for me so I was happy. Saturday afternoon we decided to test drive a car that Ru had seen for sale. This was our first driving experience on the island so I was really nervous, but we are both still alive!!! The car is a black '94 Honda Integra and let's face it like all of the cars on the island it's a piece of crap. However, the car drives really well and we test drove it up the hill so it is definitely good enough. The radio, speakers, and antennae were ripped out of the car by the previous owner because the system didn't work, you have to rev the engine in order to start it up, the passenger window doesn't have a motor so it doesn't roll down, one of the tail lights is broken, and the body kit is falling off the car. Those are the problems, but the car does run smoothly so we'll see. I think the asking price is a little high at $4500, but it's still a possibility. We are going to test drive another car today and see how that one runs so everything is still up in the air. On the way back from our test drive we found a lost sheep on our street. She belonged up on the hill with her heard so Alex just picked her up and brought her back up. I couldn't resist taking a picture. It was an exciting day of new experiences. After our fun we started studying for our microanatomy exam and we went through the TA mock exam and knew most of the questions. I've got a lot more studying to do today, but I think we'll be fine. I'll update you on how the Julie is getting along since right now she is still sleeping with Ru in her room!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the huge crack in the windshield!
    And I like how the Julie already seems to know she's mine. =)

    ReplyDelete