Sunday, September 5, 2010

Catamaran Snorkeling & New Moon Party


Captain Drives Boat with Feet!

Orientation Group :)

I finally got to sleep in this morning which was much needed. It was a slow morning and I did laundry (in the washing machine this time) for the first time since being here. It was our last day with Mr. Rogers today and he picked everyone up to take us to port for the Catamaran Trip. Of course I forgot my memory card for my camera in my computer, but Ru saved the day and let me use hers! She was on the earlier trip so we were separated today so it was a good thing I saw her before I got on the boat. My orientation group boarded the "Irie Lime" which translates to "Good Party". The crew was crazy and we all had fun watching them jump around. The captain even drove the boat with his feet. He was also the boat DJ and let me tell you DJing works a bit differently in St. Kitts. If they really like the song they will just replay it and I feel like half the time they share my music ADD. Anyway we must have listened to the beginning of one song about 3 times before he would just let it play because, "this is just too good to listen to once"! The captain also danced around the boat like a crazy person and even gave me a lap dance, LOL, which my classmates made him do again so they could take a picture of it. He was a pretty funny guy; he went up to Kiki and asked him if he was prostitute because he was dancing on the boat pole and then proceeded to tell him that he could never get any ladies back to his apartment (Good times!!!). We anchored about an hour out and jumped off the boat for some snorkeling at Shitten Bay (poor name, but it was pretty cool). This was my first time snorkeling and I was a little sad that I didn't see anything really cool, but I did get to see a ton of cool fish and even a cuddle fish so that was exciting!!! When we got back on board they served us lunch which they told us was monkey, but don't worry it was really only chicken! We spent some time talking to the crew who were all really nice. I got some great pictures and had a ton of fun, so as you can see the catamaran truly lived up to its name and I wouldn't mind taking another trip out on the Irie Lime some time! Later we decided to go out as an orientation group to the Shiggity Shak
for dinner which was really nice. I had a chicken sandwich and a mango colada which was delicious! After dinner we made our way over to Shipwreck Beach Bar for their New Moon Party where we were promised there would be crab racing, but unfortunately we couldn't find where they were doing them. Regardless of the lack of crabs we still had a lot of fun. That's all for now, keep in mind that I start classes tomorrow and don't know how often I will have time to post. I'll try to keep up regularly, but we'll see. So in the words of the best Orientation Leader, "Byeeeeee"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment